Frequently Asked Questions
- Does this tap replace the standard cold water tap in my caravan sink and then give me hot and cold water?
- I have a flick mixer in my van, can I just replace it? It is connected to both mains water and also to the tank /pump water?
Yes you can replace your flick mixer. For mains and pump water you will need a no return valve on each line and the pump will need to operate at a rate of more than 4 litres per minute.
- Can this system be installed in a camper-trailer for use on mains pressure?
Depending on the height you have available as the unit goes to 180mm high off the sink.
- How long is the lead or does it have to be hard wired into the van?
The lead is 1.8metres long but it can be hard wired into the van
- Is the spout a swivel or is it fixed?
It is a swivel spout.
- Is it a flick mixer style from hot to cold?
Yes you turn it left for hot and turn it to the right for cold
- Can a spare washer be brought with the tap?
It is ceramic there are no washers
- What are the dimensions?
From sink top to highest point of the tap is 180 mm. The heater unit is 135 mm x 60mm long.
- What type of water connection does the unit have?
Standard ½ inch
- Is there a holding tank?
No. Water heating is instant there is no need for a holding tank.
- Is it only 240 volt supply?
- Does it operate on 12 volt?
No unfortunately it needs to be 240 volt
- We are interested in the current draw of your new product for hot water from an inverter?
The current draw is 11.2 – 13.2 amps
- Can this product run from a generator.
Yes but will require at least 3kw (Honda) or higher KW if chinese brand of generator.
- Is there any drop in pressure when these are used?
The flow rate for heated water is 2.5 litres per minute
- Where can you get them fitted?
At your local caravan repairer or plumber
- Can it be installed by myself into my existing caravan without too much trouble?
All electrical work must be installed by a licensed electrician. It must be installed to a doubled pole power point (GOP).
- Can you please advise me what is underneath the sink with this unit?
All that is underneath the sink is the connection hose and power lead.
- Will it also work on a hand/foot pump?
Yes it will operate cold water only. It needs a constant pressure to produce hot water.
- I have a Pop top with a front kitchen do you think it will fit?
Yes it will
- Will it work in my Caravan?
It will work as long as you have a 15 amp circuit. All professionally built caravans are required to use 15 amp wiring.